Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Jacksons Garden Show

     Today Andy, Pocket, Jasper, myself, and my trusty minion Edwin, went to the Jacksons Garden Show. It was only about 5 miles from home, and we set up a 10'x10' pen for the three boys. They talked to strangers, ate grass, and watched the goings ons of the world. I ate 2 quarts of blueberries and a handful of peaches.

     Pocket was actually the friendliest of the group. Andy has done more of these kinds of things, but Pocket had elected himself in charge. He has started loosing a lot of his "but I'm a cute baby" tactics and replaced them with "I'll spit on you!" He is becoming quite a rough tough guy. As long as he knows he can't give people the same crap he can give the other alpacas, he will actually be very easy to get along with and train.

     Jasper did great, he actually wasn't nervous at all. I thought he may be uncomfortable with the people, since he's a bit squirrely sometimes, but he did his usual "chess-player pondering" and decided this was no big deal and he'd like some hay and a nap. He took the whole thing in stride, and calmly talked to many people. I was very proud of him (despite the fact that he rolled in mud the night before).

     The boys are doing great, and I am terribly happy with them.  

    

No comments:

Post a Comment